- Ignitis Group, by revenue, is the largest group of energy companies in the Baltic States. Group’s companies operate in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland and Finland. The Group’s innovation fund invests in energy start-ups in the UK, Norway, France and Israel.
- The Group’s core activities include power and heat production and supply, power and natural gas trading and distribution, power system maintenance and development as well as development of smart-energy solutions. The Group’s companies supply power and natural gas to about 1.6 million business and private customers.
- Ignitis Group gives priority to green energy, aiming to become the region’s main competence centre for new energy and a leader in energy distribution solutions in the Baltic region and beyond.
- Currently, Ignitis Group owns four wind farms operating in Lithuania with a combined generation capacity of 58MW and a 18MW wind farm in Estonia. We are also building a 94MW wind farm in the Poland’s Pomerania region and are already preparing for the construction of the wind farm in Mažeikiai district, road construction and other preparatory works started. In the end of 2022, 14 wind turbines with a total capacity of about 63MW will generate green electricity in this wind farm.
- The Group owns the Elektrėnai Complex with 1055MW electricity generation capacity. It also operates Kruonis Pumped Storage Hydroelectric Power Plant, which is unique in the region and has a 900MW capacity, and the 100.8MW-capacity Kaunas Algirdas Brazauskas’ Hydroelectric Power Plant.
- The Group’s companies are currently building modern waste-to-energy cogeneration (CHP) plants in Vilnius and Kaunas. The Vilnius CHP Plant will have heat production capacity of 229MW and electricity generation capacity of 92MW. The Kaunas CPH Plant’s respective capacities will be 70MW and 24MW.
- Ignitis Group invests in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. It has issued EUR 600 million worth of green bonds. The proceeds are being used for a variety of projects in Lithuania with an estimate to reduce carbon emissions by 700,000 tons every year.
- Ignitis Group’s revenue in 2019 was EUR 1.09 billion.
- Approximately 3,800 employees work in the Group.