HEAD OF GROUP LEGAL
Submit your application until 2021-06-30
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis grupė“?
We are currently looking for a Head of Group Legal at Ignitis Group, the largest energy & utilities sector organisation in the Baltic region which was listed on Nasdaq Vilnius and London Stock (LSE) exchanges on October 2020, after implementing the largest ever IPO in the Baltic States.
The legal team of the Group consists of more than 60 lawyers and covers six areas: Corporate Law, Energy Law, Commercial Law, M&A Law, Dispute Law and Procurement Law. You’ll lead an international team and work closely with all business units to make the world more sustainable and energy smart.
Ignitis Group is implementing its strategy by focusing on its commitment to contribute to the decarbonisation of the energy sector through the modernisation of energy system, development of green energy generation, introduction of innovations and compliance with the environmental, social and good corporate governance principles. Financial discipline and returns to its shareholders remain key to Ignitis Group's strategy.
We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Developing and leading legal strategy directions, policies to promote and protect the company's matters;
- Preparing, applying and interpreting the company's unified practice legislation and the company's internal legal acts;
- Implementing the legitimacy of Group's activities and requirements of law and regulations according to its field of activities;
- Empowering the legal team to serve as trusted business advisors working closely with the business to develop innovative solutions;
- Effectively managing issues and controlling the function’s budget;
- Proactive counselling of senior decision makers, stakeholders and the main shareholder on good corporate governance and effective management of legal risks.
We expect that You
- Have 5+ years’ experience in legal leadership role leading large legal team or a function (experience in leading a matrix function or a team in an international or listed company would be an advantage);
- Have experience in designing legal strategy, enforcing policies and procedures within a group of companies;
- Are a legal expert and have a solid experience in company, commercial, dispute law (knowledge of energy regulation and public procurement would be an advantage);
- Have strong people management skills with the ability to motivate and lead international teams, achieve sustainable results and drive the change;
- Are able to recognise and proactively respond to situations that create risks;
- Have solid problem-solving and decision-making skills, an ability to analyse complex issues;
- Have strong stakeholder management skills including reporting to the board members in a clear manner and influencing without authority;
- Have work experience in a large group of companies or a matrix management organisation;
- Are a people person – caring and empowering;
- Have a university degree in law;
- Speak, read and write in fluent English and Lithuanian.
As part of our team You
- You will have the freedom to make changes and an opportunity to join one of the largest international energy group of companies in the Baltic region;
- You will take up challenges unique to the sector together with a team of professionals;
- You will not only observe how innovations come to life, but you will also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience to the projects of national importance in the energy field;
- You will receive benefits package (health insurance/pension plan, possibility of remote work, flexible work time, etc).
Ignitis Group is an international energy company which manages one of the largest energy groups in the Baltic region with the aim of creating an energy-smart world.
The company focuses on green energy development and is working to become a regional centre of new energy competences and a leader in energy distribution solutions on the international market.
Our companies produce, supply and distribute electricity, and provide other energy services to both households and businesses. They operate in Lithuania, Estonia, Poland and Finland, while our investments reach as far as the United Kingdom, Norway, France and Israel.