PHP SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD
Submit your application until 2021-07-07
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis grupės paslaugų centras“?
We are looking for a colleague, who would join the PHP developers team as PHP SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD and help us take care of expanding our in-house software development capabilities. We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Lead PHP software engineering community of practice (facilitate selecting tools, technologies, best practices, coding standards, automation and other related important engineering needs);
- Hire and grow talents. You will be interviewing people, making hiring decisions.
- Motivating and ensuring continuous personal development of your team members to reach their career goals;
- Planning team workload together with other colleagues to meet business needs;
- You will be performing annual reviews, providing feedback, handling issues and removing obstacles when needed;
- Hands on design and development of self-service portals for "Ignitis group" distribution and supply companies and continuously adding new features and functionality using Agile methodology;
- Develop code to ensure high-performance and availability of the resulting solution;
- Work closely with other developers, Solution Architect, Product Owner to develop an effective, visually appealing, functional and intuitive self-service portals implementation to empower "Ignitis group" companies to benefit from new business opportunities, be fast in response to customers’ demands and provide stable and cost-effective services;
- Actively participate in all Agile Scrum activities and ceremonies.
We expect that You
- Have at least 5 years' experience working in a team of developers on complex, sophisticated projects;
- Have deep understanding of PHP programming language; Experience with Drupal, Symfony would be a benefit;
- Have proven experience in team management, leadership skills;
- Have excellent system design skills and experience;
- Have excellent SQL skills for manipulating data, creating, altering tables;
- Have experience creating custom functionality using best practices and patterns, keeping consistency within existing architecture;
- Write good quality and clean code, contribute to coding standards, refactoring;
- Open to feedback from others and able to constructively provide feedback as part of the code review process;
- Have experience integrating web applications with other applications using SOAP/REST based web services;
- Basic testing skills, knowledge and experience of TDD would be a benefit;
- Good collaboration, communication skills with other team members;
- Strong learning capabilities, open to learn new technologies, product and domain specific knowledge.
We work with:
PHP 7, PhpStorm on Ubuntu, JIRA/Confluence, GIT with GitLab, MariaDB/MySQL databases, Docker, Redis, Elasticsearch and much more to come.
As part of our team You
- Your knowledge and experience will contribute towards developing long-term energy projects of national importance;
- You will have an opportunity to take up unique challenges specific to the energy sector together with a team of professionals;
- You will have an opportunity to work with the newest technologies;
- You will not only be able to observe how innovations come to life, but also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience towards creating an Energy Smart world;
- You will receive benefits package (health insurance/pension plan, flexible work time, etc).
Ignitis Group is one of the largest international utilities and renewable energy group of companies in the Baltic region. The companies of the Group produce, supply and distribute energy as well as operate all services required to make the world energy smart.
One of its companies is Ignitis Grupės Paslaugų Centras, an internal service centre providing IT, public procurement, accounting, human resources management, legal, communication and client services to all companies of the Group.