INDEPENDENT MEMBER OF THE BOARD (UAB “IGNITIS” INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FIELD) F/M/D
Submit your application until 2023-02-03
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis grupė“?
AB "Ignitis grupė", exercising the rights and obligations of the shareholder, hereby announces selection of candidates for independent member of the Board of UAB "Ignitis", legal entity code 303383884, registered address Laisves av. 10, Vilnius (hereinafter – the Company).
The Company’s Board comprises 5 members: 2 members are representatives of AB "Ignitis grupė", 2 members are independent and 1 member is civil servant. The term of office of the Board members of the Company is 4 years.
Compensation –1/4 of the average monthly salary of the CEO of AB “Ignitis grupė" (before tax) according to Remuneration policy.
During the term of office the activities of an independent member of the Board is covered by civil liability insurance of bodies of legal entities. Also, under the conditions set out in the agreement, transport and accommodation expenses related to the arrival of an independent member of the Board at the meetings of the Board at the place of the Company's registered office in cases where the independent member of the Board is domiciled or registered in a place of employment outside the Republic of Lithuania shall be reimbursed.
Selection method – interview. Selection is conducted according to the Description of Selection of Candidates for Collegial Supervisory or Management Body of State or Municipal Enterprise, State- or Municipally-Owned Company or its Subsidiary approved by the Resolution No. 631 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on 17 June 2015 (hereinafter – Selection Description).
We expect that You
Candidates for the independent member position in the Company’s Board must comply with the General, Independence and Special requirements as well as other requirements listed in the Selection Description, Law on the Management, Use and Disposal of Assets owned by the State and Municipality and the Articles of Association of the Company. The General and Independence requirements for candidates are set out in the Law on the Management, Use and Disposal of Assets owned by the State and Municipality.
General, Independence and Special requirements for Candidates
- Candidates must have higher (university) or equivalent education;
- There must be no ties with other natural persons and legal entities that would give rise to a conflict of interest in the performance of the duties of a member of a collegial body.
- Candidates for the position of a member of the Board must not be deprived of the right to hold that position or to perform the functions attributed to that position or the right to hold such a position must not be restricted.
- Over the last 5 years, a Board member must not have been removed from a single-person or collegial body of a legal entity due to improper execution of their duties.
- A Board member must have an impeccable reputation. A person shall not be considered to have an impeccable reputation if he/she has been found guilty, in accordance with the procedure laid down by law, of a serious or very serious crime or criminal offence against property, property rights and property interests, against the economy and business order, the financial system, the civil service and public interests, justice, public security or government order and his/her conviction has not yet expired or has not been expunged.
- A candidate for the position of a Board member cannot be a career civil servant who holds a post in a ministry, a Government institution or an institution under a ministry and is entrusted with the functions related to shaping state policy in the economic sector in which the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate operates.
- A Board member cannot be elected or appointed as a state politician or a civil servant of political (personal) confidence in accordance with the procedure laid down by law.
- If he/she is a civil servant, he/she cannot be a member of more than a total of 2 collegial bodies formed in state-owned and municipal-owned enterprises (applicable from 1 November 2023).
- must not have been, for at least one year, a civil servant or employee of the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate, or of its subsidiary or parent company and any related legal entity whose participants are the companies specified in this point (hereinafter referred to as any related legal entity), or a civil servant or employee of the entity initiating the selection process (or a legal entity subordinate to it).
- must not have been, for at least one year, the CEO, a member of another collegial body, an employee or shareholder of the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate, or the CEO, a collegial body member, employee or shareholder of a subsidiary or the parent company of that company or any related legal entity.
- must not be a close person – the spouse, cohabiting partner, partner when partnership is registered under the procedure laid down by law as well as their parent (adoptive parent), child (adopted child), brother (step-brother), sister (step-sister), grandparent, grandchild and their spouses, cohabiting partners or partners – of a shareholder who holds shares carrying more than 1/5 of the votes at a general meeting of shareholders, the CEO or collegial body members of the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate, or of its subsidiary or parent company or any related legal entity.
- must not have any significant business relations with the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate or with its subsidiary or parent company or any related legal entity, either directly or as a participant, a collegial body member or the CEO of a legal entity which has such relations. A natural person or a legal entity is considered to have significant business relations when they are a supplier of goods or a provider of services (including financial, legal, advisory and consultancy services) and their income from a company or from the legal entities referred to in this point exceeds 1,000 euros during the previous financial year, except remuneration for holding the position of a member of a collegial body or a committee formed by a collegial body.
- over the last two years, must not have been a partner, a participant, the CEO, a collegial body member or an employee of an audit firm which performs or has performed the audit of the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate or the audit of its subsidiary or parent company or any related legal entity.
- must not have been a member of a collegial body of the company for the collegial body of which he/she is standing as a candidate, or of its subsidiary or parent company for more than 10 years. This period shall be calculated by adding the future term of office of a member of the collegial body for which the candidate would be appointed and the previous terms of office of the member of the collegial body of the same company when the period between the terms of office does not exceed one year.
- must not be a member of a total of more than three collegial bodies formed in state-owned or municipal-owned enterprises.
- at least 5 years of experience in the management position (manager of the company, top level manager (C-level) or similar) in an international company or group of companies.
- at least 5 years of experience in international development of electric vehicle (EV) charging networks.
- work experience in non/executive management bodies or similar experience/knowledge (advantage).
- Understanding and knowledge of the operation of the energy sector and understanding of development trends and prospects within the energy sector in the global context.
- Experience in working with power purchase agreements (PPAs) (advantage).
- Work experience in a listed company or in a company preparing for listing and experience in cooperation with investors (advantage).
- Excellent proficiency in English (oral and written).
A member of the Board cannot be: the CEO of the Company; a member of the Supervisory Board of the parent company; a member of the management body of a subsidiary company; a member of a supervisory, management or administrative body of a legal entity carrying out electricity or gas transmission or distribution activities; an auditor or an employee of an audit firm who is participating and/or has participated in the audit of a set of financial statements of the company where less than 2 (two) years have elapsed since the audit was carried out; a person who is not legally entitled to hold this office.
As part of our team You
Will have the opportunity to build #energysmart world and a more sustainable future together!
Candidates must submit:
- The candidate’s application for participation in the selection and the declaration of good faith
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae (CV);
- A copy of identity document;
- Motivational Letter;
- Diploma of higher education.
At the request of the selection committee or the Recruitment agency (UAB "J. Friisberg & Partners"), additional documents may be requested to certify compliance with the General, Independence and Special requirements referred to above and to other statutory requirements.
Candidates shall be deemed to be eligible for selection requirements when submitting documents, independence and other criteria specified in the Selection Description, are familiar with the legal obligations arising in the event of the selection and appointment of a member of the collegial body(s), in the case of the selection of the collegial body, undertake to devote sufficient time and attention to the performance of the duties of a member of the collegial body at meetings planned by the collegial body and etc.
The deadline for the submission of documents – the candidates may submit documents until 3rd of February, 2023.
Submission of documents. The candidates shall submit documents to the Company in one of the following ways:
- through the Company’s ATS by clicking "Siųsti CV!"/"Send CV" and adding copies of documents. The original documents may be requested if the candidate is selected as a successful candidate.
- by mail (registered mail) or express mail to: Nijolei Kelpšaitei (in person) Upės str. 23, LT- 08128 Vilnius. The original documents may be requested if the candidate is selected as a successful candidate.
- in person: Nijolei Kelpšaitei (in person) Upės str. 23, LT- 08128 Vilnius. Documents are accepted Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 4:00 PM (by prior arrangement). The original documents may be requested if the candidate is selected as a successful candidate.
- Contact person in the Company - Head of Talent Acquisition - Monika Statuleviciene, Phone No: +37062411115, e-mail: [email protected]
- Contact person in the Company (in case of absence of Monika Statuleviciene) - Talent Acquisition Partner - Karolina Padegime, Phone No: +37068670094, e-mail: [email protected]
- Contact information of the Recruitment Agency (UAB „J. Friisberg & Partners“) - Managing Partner - Nijole Kelpsaite, Phone No: +370 699 43033, e-mail: [email protected].
Will have the opportunity to build #energysmart world and a more sustainable future together!
- Governance Coordination Center information about the selection of members of the collegial bodies;
- Company’s website;
- Ignitis group strategy, goals etc.;
- The draft agreement with the Independent Board member;
- The draft terms and conditions of the agreement on Protection of Confidential Information;
- Letter of expectations of the shareholder;
- The candidate’s application for participation in the selection and the declaration of good faith;
- Profile of UAB "Ignitis" Board's competences.
Ignitis Group is the largest listed company and an energy leader in the Baltic region. Group companies produce, supply and distribute energy as well as provide all services required to make the world energy smart.
Ignitis, one of the Group companies, offers advanced B2C and B2B solutions and services that allow its customers to be energy smart. Eparkai.lt platform opens up opportunities for anyone to become a green energy producer. The rapidly expanding Ignitis ON project is the largest EV charging network in Lithuania and is making a significant difference in promoting sustainable mobility.
Ignitis supplies electricity and natural gas to over 1.5 million of customers in Lithuania. The company operates in Latvia, Estonia, Finland and Poland, where it contributes to green energy development.
Ignitis Group received an international Top Employer 2022 Lithuania certificate. The certificate is awarded to companies for excellent people practices as well as ensuring good conditions for work and growth.
Ignitis Group ensures equal opportunities. We welcome all applicants and do not discriminate against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability or other personal traits unrelated to work obligations.