Stakeholder involvement is crucial to ensure that the Group's activities are developed responsibly and coherently. By including social and environmental issues in our relations with stakeholders, we aim not only to contribute to building a sustainable society and preserving the environment for future generations, but also to encourage others to contribute. In carrying out our activities, we strive to take into account the interests of our stakeholders and to make decisions that meet their best interests.
We strive to ensure equality and diversity of employees. By taking into account the opinion of employees, we are developing an organisational culture in which people are engaged, teams are agile, and one can learn everywhere, at all times and effectively.
We take care of our customers and provide them with the highest quality services. We value the feedback we receive from our customers, which helps us to improve the services we provide as well as our customer service.
We inform the Group's shareholders and investors in a timely and open manner about the most important events of the Group's companies, prepare presentations, answer questions and seek to build a relationship based on mutual trust and value creation.
We are in constant contact with communities, inform them about ongoing activities that may affect community members or their environment. We aim to participate in the life of communities on the basis of a friendly neighbourhood.
Sustainable Development Goals
We integrate environmental, social responsibility and good governance criteria into our business goals, which are in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We contribute to the implementation of all SDGs, focusing on five, the pursuit of which allows us to make a significant contribution.
Our contribution to ensuring that everyone has access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy:
- We ensure the availability of energy services,
- We develop renewable energy,
- We promote the development and consumption of clean energy,
- We implement innovations in energy.
Our contribution to sustainable economic growth and efficient employment:
- We ensure equal working and salary conditions for employees,
- We fully respect human rights and freedoms,
- We do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment,
- We maintain a culture of safe work.
Our contribution to the development of flexible infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialization and innovation:
- We invest in sustainable infrastructure and its improvement,
- We contribute to research, invest in development projects,
- We support international cooperation,
- We help to develop innovations that benefit society.
Our contribution to responsible consumption and production:
- We pay great attention to the selection of reliable partners and ensuring a fair partnership,
- We promote responsible energy consumption,
- When developing products and services, we strive to use resources efficiently,
- We promote waste sorting and rational management and use of resources,
- We develop green energy production capacity.
Our contribution to urgent action to combat climate change and its effects:
- We are implementing a decarbonisation strategy,
- We reduce the environmental impact of our operations and aim to manage emissions in order to eventually become CO2 neutral,
- We adhere to the highest environmental and ecological standards,
- We increase the resilience of energy infrastructure and adaptation to the effects of climate change.
We will reduce CO2 to zero by 2050
By joining the Business Ambition for 1.5°C initiative of the United Nations and other international organisations in December 2019, we set out in our strategy a commitment to become a CO2 neutral company by 2050. In the near future, we will set intermediate measurable and science-based targets, on how gradual decarbonisation is going to be achieved in all activities of the Group. We will publish the results of the implementation of these goals.
The road to CO2 neutrality in 2050 at Ignitis Group
In 2020, we are preparing a comprehensive action plan on how to measure and reduce CO2 emissions.
Assessment of the effects on the environment
Starting in 2021, we intend to assess and disclose the impact on the environment and natural resources in accordance with the CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) methodology. We are going to be ready for the targeted implementation of the CO2 emissions plan.
2021 and beyond
Emission management and reduction
Stage I: reduction of emissions related to the activities of the Group companies and development of green production.
Stage II: reduction of energy consumption.
Stage III: reduction of supply chain emissions.
Information on CO2 emissions and other environmental, social responsibility and good governance indicators of the Group's companies can be found in the ESG indicator reports, which are published in the Sustainability Activities and Results section of this website.